Monday, August 01, 2005

Podcasting and Collaboration

I came back from NY with a lot's of ideas. Podcasting was one at the top of my list.

I did a brief test and launched it out to our LMS to see if it would fly.
The decision makers like the fact that we could put out an audio file quickly and affordably with high quality, but they were confused by the intent of the content and had a hard time grasping it as training.

They did like the fact that what audio I did record with my iPod saved us over $1000 on the first try.

My next test is to publish the podcast as an audio book or reference manual that is still launched via the LMS and would track the downloads to the learner.

The other test we are doing is using the iPod as a collaboration tool. I bring my iPod to SME meetings and record the discussions and post the mp3 to a shared database. They are quite apprehensive of Wiki's or Blogs but they're ok with databases. I have shared with my SMEs that our database is just a local Wiki as it is. But we're tied to land lines. We should go web based so we could access it in multiple ways. More to come on this.

On a lighter note: I have a new nickname, my co-workers and business parnters have dubbed me as "Elliott's Mini-Me" I'll take that as a compliment!

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home